Visit our Personalized Learning Site!
What is technology integration?Technology integration occurs when students use technology to enhance, support and inform their learning within the educational environment. The Carlin Springs model of technology integration incorporates 4 main components.
- Active Engagement
- Collaborative Learning
- Interaction and Feedback
- Access to real-world experts and knowledge
How does instructional technology support the students at Carlin Springs?
The instructional technology mission of Carlin Springs is to create, provide and support a personalized learning environment where students will develop their knowledge, skills and abilities to be active participants of their community and life long learners.Our instructional focus supports the APS goal of educating the whole child by providing:
- differentiated instruction that supports learning
- relevant and engaging learning experiences that inspire students
- authentic learning opportunities that promote discovery
- access to content rich resources to broaden horizons
The goal of the instructional technology coach is to ensure that every student receives excellent instruction in all educational settings every day.The focus of the technology coach is to support student learning by:
- engaging students in digitally based learning opportunities
- creating innovative learning spaces that promote student thought and creativity
- design and support digitally enhanced learning centers
- facilitate opportunities for students to engage in real world exploration of content
- supporting ongoing professional development of faculty and staff in educational technology integration
- lead the Educational Technology Committee in researching current digital learning initiatives
- coordinate and maintain the partnership with the Verizon Education Foundation for STEM based learning.
The coaching model incorporates evidence-based teaching practices and evidence-based integration strategies that demonstrate a positive impact on student learning and achievement. Our coaching model incorporates principles from: SAMR, T-Pack, Adaptive Schools, Conscious Discipline and Cognitive Coaching.